Diagnostic imaging can be a key component to diagnosing problems with your horse. Some of the the imaging modalities we offer at Kendall Road Equine Hospital include.
- Digital xrays - we have 2 xray units that are ideal for examinations of the limbs, neck, back and head and 1 larger unit that is capable of getting images of the horses chest and the abdomen on some smaller horses and ponies.
- Ultrasound - Our ultrasound unit is capable of getting ultrasound images of tendons and ligaments to compliment lameness exams. It is also able to image the chest to evaluate for pneumonia and other respiratory conditions. The ultrasound is also very helpful in the evaluation of the abdomen in cases of colic, liver disease, kidney disease and other digestive problems.
- Endoscopy - we have 3 sizes of endoscope for different diagnostic needs. Endoscopy can be used to evaluate the horses nasal passages, upper airway, trachea, mouth, urinary tract and more.
- Arthroscopy/tenoscopy - sometimes the best way to get a diagnosis, prognosis and treatment all at the same time is to place a small scope into a joint or tendon sheath and evaluate it directly.
- Sinoscopy - A small hole can be made into the sinus cavities and a small rigid scope used to evaluate the sinuses. Sometimes a diagnosis and treatment can be made by this minimally invasive approach to sinus issues in the horse.